Lola S. Richey is a partner of Richey and Richey, P.A. Ms. Richey focuses on cases involving workers’ compensation law, workplace injuries, Social Security disability, and motor vehicle accident cases.
She has extensive trial experience representing disabled people before the Social Security Administration and injured workers before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission. Ms. Richey has successfully tried numerous difficult and complex Social Security and workers’ compensation cases to completion. She is committed to ensuring that all people obtain justice and fair treatment.
Ms. Richey holds an undergraduate degree from Winthrop University with a B.S. in Business Administration, with Accounting Concentration.
Ms. Richey is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Maryland. She received her law degree (J.D.) from the University of South Carolina School of Law, a Masters of Taxation (LL.M.) from the University of Florida College of Law, and Master of Arts in Practical Ministry (MAPM) from Erskine Theological Seminary.
Ms. Richey is a member the SC Bar (Workers' Compensation Section), the SC Workers' Compensation Educational Association, Injured Workers’ Advocates, and Approved Instructor for SC Department of Insurance.
Ms. Richey has been a seminar speaker for the National Business Institute and Sterling Education. She has spoken on topics with workers' compensation and Social Security disability.
She served in the United States Naval Reserves from 1987 to 2000 and finished her military as a Lieutenant (LT).
- Workers' Compensation and all Workplace Injury Litigation
- Social Security Disability
- 1996, South Carolina
- 1997, U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- Erskine Theological Seminary, Class of 2021, MAPM
- University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law, Class of 1996, LL.M
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Class of 1995, J.D.
Associations & Memberships
- Injured Workers’ Advocates, Legislative Committee, 2017 - Present
- South Carolina Bar, Workers' Compensation Section, 2007 - Present
- SC Workers' Compensation Educational Association, Member, 2003 - Present
- Workers' Compensation Law and Practice, Workers' Compensation, 2016
- Advanced Workers' Compensation, Workers' Compensation, 2016
- Fundamentals of Workers' Compensation, The Workers' Compensation Claim Process, 2015
- Handling the Workers' Compensation Case From Start to Finish, Medical Issues During the Claim, 2015
- Social Security Disability Boot Camp, Attorneys Fees - Sources and Methods of Recovery, 2014
- Bobby Nathan Adams vs. Social Security, Remand
- Martinez v. Thalle Construction, Verdict for Worker
- In re Hilda Marie Watts, Stay lifted